Here goes yet another travelogue, I cant believe I am writing too may travelogues these days, Excuse me technically 2 qualifies as many.
My recent trip is to Andaman, The lonely islands (the sign that I should not take writing seriously , Damn lone and plural how can both fit into one sentence , You did not get the point yet? good stop reading in the brackets then) that reside bottom of the map, unknown to so many. The decision is as usual a last minute decision , And I am more happy that I chose this place for holiday. This place is so ideal for my stupid requirements , Less number of tourists and no hint of commercialization , People are friendly and HONEST, Can you believe it? There are still honest people in touristy places.
This time we took the help of holiday planners , Yeah signs of aging and lazy ness. And I am very glad we did this. And please don't read this in evil your mind as all the previous holidays are badly planned (you evil!! Go away from my blog) , There are two ways to reach Andaman, by air and water, (Surprise!!!! it is an island).. Unfortunately there is no direct flight from Hyderabad so we went via Chennai, And don't ask me the conditions of wash rooms in Chennai airport, and the polite ness of airport personal, because basically I am not a whining person and I have too many Chennai friends to be scared of :(
Upon arrival on portblair (yes your geography is good, it is the capital) We are welcomed by flower bouquet , can you believe it????? Real flowers with petals and all!!!! So that was the love at first sight for me. Though I kept this to my self as a decent lady. You can not fall this quick is n't it? The temperature is good 35, I am ok with that, It always the cold that was so unsettling for me (Is it weird?) The drive is pleasant as Andaman trying to impress me more with wide roads, beside sea shore (Yes beside sea shore ) With gigantic trees, friendly traffic cops (Friendly because all are girls :) Yes I am partial in that way) .
Then we started for have lock island by a cruise (like a big bus which travels on sea) , I read the safety instructions like million times blame titanic for that, Fortunately we did not hit any iceberg on the way and landed in one piece. Even though on the way Andaman throwing me thick green forests, uniformly grown coconut trees, fresh lakes, superb scenaries here and there I still maintained you are not so unique Andaman thing in my head. We stayed in some Symphony palms resort, which will offer you welcome drink and give you bamboo cottages. The resort we stayed had a private beach but we are too tired and too hurry to go the air conditioned rooms.
By evening we went to see the radha nagar beach, It is the second largest beach in Asia, And is awesome just not because of the massive appearance but the beauty behind the every curve of it, not so ferocious waves, White sand beaches, Crystal clear water yes you can actually see what is in the water . My crush got deeper by that point. Andaman threw me another surprise on me by the beautiful orangey sunset. By looking at the sun I understood why lord hanuman wanted to grab it , If i could fly I would have definitely done that. After all this wows and giggles I am dragged to the resort (AW! Romance is dead these days)
Next day we started to elephanta beach, by a small boat. When I went to port I can see the fish swimming and there was much less less littering (God bless Andaman to stay like this).
This beach is basically for the sports activities, For all the people who know what banana ride is please be quiet. So I am this innocent girl who thought banana ride is just a ride and I was seated right behind the rider when he is doing all swinging I thought why he is showing off, There comes the moment of realization in middle of sea dumped , Hey I did well, though I thought some shark gonna have me as lunch, I kept those thoughts to myself. Then I did the snorkeling there I was bowled over , The corals are so beautiful and the colors of fish is unique and even for today if I close my eyes I can see those bright colors, God is hell of a painter. Sea bike ride is good enough as well as glass boat ride.
And the next day it rained and you know how the beach will look like when it rains? It looks AWESOME You can not ask more romantic thing than that, I made better use of swings and hammocks our resort private beach.
When we went to radha beach , We kept all our belongings in our car and asked the driver to have a look on it. And he said no problem, nothing would be stolen here. When we were back from the beach, car was not locked, driver unseen , even the windows are not rolled up and our belongings safe and sound. That is when I know that i fell in love with ANDAMAN.
To be continued....
PS: Did I tell you that I recently got married to annoyingly punctual, language purist ,sleep deprived (Yeah 6 hours of sleep is definitely sleep deprivation in my dictionary) bike crazy and 6 year long friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment